Rama Rao Bonagani
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Rama Rao Bonagani
Assistant Professor, Department of Public Administration and Policy Studies, School of Social Sciences,
Central University of Kerala, Tejaswini Hills, Periye (Post), Kasaragod (District), Kerala (State), India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2022
The World Health Organization (WHO) had been working with its 194 member states across six grouped global regions in the world regarding the health of the people. India is a member country of this organization. The WHO’s Constitution came into force on 7th April 1948. Its headquarters is at Geneva in Switzerland country. The WHO’s World Health Assembly use to determines the policies of this Organization. An Executive Board (EB) members are technically qualified in health and this gives an effect to the decisions and policies of this assembly. The COVID-19 outbreak began at Wuhan city in China country in December 2019.This has became a pandemic because this has been affected and affecting many countries globally, which includes India through the daily confirmed cases and fatalities. The Vaccination against the COVID-19 has started in the countries to eliminate this disease, which includes India. Although, this virus has slightly declining, but still this virus is existing through different mutations of this COVID-19. This article has mentioned the containment of COVID-19 pandemic through the WHO’s responsive guidelines policies for completely eradication of this virus disease to save the people lives in the world. This article has suggested for an effective implementation of WHO’s COVID-19 responsive policies in its member states for accomplishing this purpose.
Cite this article:
Rama Rao Bonagani. World Health Organization’s Responsive Policies for the containment of COVID-19 Pandemic in the world: An Analysis. Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. 2022;13(3):211-2. doi: 10.52711/2321-5828.2022.00034
Rama Rao Bonagani. World Health Organization’s Responsive Policies for the containment of COVID-19 Pandemic in the world: An Analysis. Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. 2022;13(3):211-2. doi: 10.52711/2321-5828.2022.00034 Available on: https://rjhssonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-13-3-14
1. https://www.who.int/about, accessed on 22-08-2020
2. Burci Luca Gian and Henri Vignes Claude (2004), World Health Organization, Retrieved from https://books.google.co.in/books?id=Xou_nD9jJF0C&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false
3. https://books.google.co.in/books/about/World_Health_and_World_Politics.html?id=v0nUYcj7jnIC&redir_esc=y, accessed on 30-09-2020
4. https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1626111, accessed on 8-9-2020
5. https://economictimes.indiatimes.com, July 8, 2020
6. https://www.dw.com/en/biden-halts-us-departure-from-world-health-organization/a-56296867., accessed on 8-3-2021).
7. https://www.who.int, accessed on 22-08-2020
8. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_lockdown_in_India, accessed on 5-09-2020
9. https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus#tab=tab_1, accessed on 22-08-2020.
10. WHO and UNICEF(2020), “Water, sanitation, hygiene, and waste management for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19: Interim guidance” , 29th July, Retrieved from https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/333560?show=full
11. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk6q7pLiQ7AIV2ARyCh3-CwUkEAAYASAAEgLo-PD_BwE, accessed on 30-09-2020.
12. https://covid19.who.int/., accessed on 22-08-2020
13. The Hindu news paper, Kozhikode, dated on 6-09-2020
14. The Hindu news paper, Kozhikode, dated on 30-09-2020
15. https://covid19.who.int/.,accessed on 8-3-2021
16. https://covid19.who.int/table.,accessed on 8-3-2021
17. https://covid19.who.int/.,accessed on 11-3-2021
18. World Health Organization(2004), The World Medicines Situation, ,published by World Health Organization. Retrieved from https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/68735/WHO_EDM_PAR_2004.5.pdf?sequence=1
19. https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/,April 01,2020
20. https://www.aljazeera.com, 7 April,2020
21. https://economictimes.indiatimes.com, April 30,2020
22. World Health Organization (2013), ‘Global Vaccine Action Plan: Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability’, Secretariat Annual Report 2013, Geneva, published by World Health Organization, Retrieved from https://www.who.int/immunization/global_vaccine_action_plan/GVAP_secretariat_report_2013.pdf?ua=1
23. https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/vaccines-and-immunization-what-is-vaccination.,accessed on 8-3-2021.
24. https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/coronavirus-disease-(covid-19)-vaccines.,accessed on 8-3-2021
25. World Health Organization (2020,1 June),“Maintaining essential health services: Operational guidance for the COVID-19 context” , Interim guidance, published by WHO, Retrieved from https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/332240/WHO-2019-nCoV-essential_health_services-2020.2-eng.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
26. World Health Organization (2020), “Considerations for implementing mass treatment, active case‐finding and population-based surveys for neglected tropical diseases in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic", Interim guidance, 27th July, Retrieved from https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/333499/WHO-2019-nCoV-neglected_tropical_diseases-2020.1-eng.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
27. https://www.who.int/, accessed on 4-9-2020