Bibhuti Kalyan Mahakur
Email ID Not Available
Dr. Bibhuti Kalyan Mahakur
Faculty, Department of Political Science, Hidayatulla National Law University, Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
Volume - 4,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2013
Voluntary organization is suppose to ease the burden of government expenditure by mobilizing resources through other organizations in society, bringing about greater cost efficiency, higher flexibility and improved relations with beneficiaries and in innovative approach shows bureaucratization towards securing institutional and human co-operation for sustainable development. Development is transformation and no government can transfer a society. It is a mutual effort. A voluntary organization in present context is not expected to deliver benefits directly to people but to motivate people, mobilize resources, initiate leadership and participate in development programmes for self-reliance.
Cite this article:
Bibhuti Kalyan Mahakur. Role of Voluntary Organizations in Sustainable Development. Research J. Humanities and Social Sciences. 4(1): January-March, 2013, 94-97
Bibhuti Kalyan Mahakur. Role of Voluntary Organizations in Sustainable Development. Research J. Humanities and Social Sciences. 4(1): January-March, 2013, 94-97 Available on: https://rjhssonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2013-4-1-19
1. D.L.Sills, “Voluntary Associations, Sociological Aspects”, International Encyclopedia of Social Sciences, Vol.15, New York. The Macmillan and the Free press, 1972.
2. Terry Alliband, Catalyst of Development: Voluntary Agencies in India, West Hartford: Kumarian.
3. Marcus Franda, Voluntary Association and Local Development in India. New Delhi. Young Asia Publication, 1982.
4. Government of India Sixth and Seventh Five year Plan, (New Delhi, Planning Commission)
5. Rajni Kothari “NGOs, the State and World Capitalism’, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 21, No.50, 13 December 1988.
6. R.K.Bhatnagar, Participatory Rural Development. Kuruskhetra, Vol.48 (5), February ,2000.
7. S.P.Mittal, Towards Sustainable Development, Kuruskhetra, Vol.48 (5), February, 2000.
8. Bunker Roy, Let Voluntary Agencies Plan their own Schemes. Kuruskhetra, Vol.31:1, October, 1985.