The educational institutions are not confined to mere imparting the knowledge and training students following the industry need. The meaning of education encompasses a wider meaning in it. Hence; Institutional Social Responsibility is a term that is gaining prominence in recent years. Due to competition among educational institutions, there is pressure on educational institutions to establish their image through a cordial relationship with the stakeholders. A normal way of connecting with the stakeholders is discharging social responsibility practices. The existing situation and policy guidelines put pressure on educational institutions to involve in such activities and thereby enhance their visibility. However, the perceptions of stakeholders of educational institutions on Institutional social responsibility are not well discussed and researched. So this paper tries to find out the stakeholders' perception on institutional social responsibility practiced by the educational institutions.
Cite this article:
Geetha A J. Stakeholders perception on Institutional Social Responsibility: A Study of Higher Educational Institutions. Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. 2023;14(3):147-1. doi: 10.52711/2321-5828.2023.00030
Geetha A J. Stakeholders perception on Institutional Social Responsibility: A Study of Higher Educational Institutions. Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. 2023;14(3):147-1. doi: 10.52711/2321-5828.2023.00030 Available on: https://rjhssonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-14-3-7
1. Carroll, A. (1991) The Pyramid of Corporate Social Responsibility: Toward the Moral Management of Organizational Stakeholders. Business Horizons. 34, 39-48. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0007-6813(91)90005-G.
2. Emre Belli, Ali Gurel Goksel, Ali Gurbus (2015). Exploring The Institutional Image Of The University in Relation To Students Of The Department Of Physical Education And Sports Journal of Physical Education and Health. 2015, vol. 4 (6), 15-22.
3. Freeman, R. and Reed, Dl. (1983). Stockholders and Stakeholders: A New Perspective on Corporate Governance. California Management Review. 25. 10.2307/41165018.
4. Kvasničková Stanislavská, Lucie and Kvasnicka, Roman and Kuralová, Kateřina and Margarisova, Klara. (2014). Social Responsibility Of Higher Educational Institutions – The Comparison Of The View Of Students And Potential Students. Journal on Efficiency and Responsibility in Education and Science. 7. 95-99. 10.7160/eriesj.2014.070308.
5. Nagy, Judy and Robb, Alan. Can Universities Be Good Corporate Citizens?. Critical Perspectives On Accounting, Elsevier. 2008;19(8): 1414-1430.
6. Olatunji, and T.E. The Impact Of Accounting System On The Performance Of Small And Medium Scale Enterprises In Nigeria – A Survey Of SME’s In Oyo State-Nigeria. 2013
7. Stensaker, B. The Relationship between Branding and Organisational Change. Higher Education Management and Policy. 2007; 19/1. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1787/hemp-v19-art1-en. 2007.
8. Vallaeys, F. Responsabilidad Social Universitaria. 2007. Retrieved from http://bit.ly/ YtrdZw. 2007