Digvijay Singh, Sunil Kumar Niranjan
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Digvijay Singh1*, Sunil Kumar Niranjan2
1Research Scholar, Department of Economics, University of Lucknow, Lucknow.
2Research Guide, MBP Government PG College, Ashiyana, Lucknow.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2022
Foreign capital plays an important role in the development of developing countries whose domestic capital is not sufficient to fulfill their domestic requirements. Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) is an important part of the foreign capital which fills this gap in the domestic savings and thus plays a crucial role in the developmental process. This paper tries to analyze the trends of foreign Direct Inflows in India during the period 2000-01 to 2020-21. Our analysis shows a sharp rise in the FDI inflows in India during the chosen study period which is the period after a decade of economic reforms in India. However, the study shows some fluctuations in the FDI inflows which have been analyzed in the paper.
Cite this article:
Digvijay Singh, Sunil Kumar Niranjan. Foreign Direct Investment in India: A Trends Analysis. Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences 2022;13(2):101-4. doi: 10.52711/2321-5828.2022.00017
Digvijay Singh, Sunil Kumar Niranjan. Foreign Direct Investment in India: A Trends Analysis. Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences 2022;13(2):101-4. doi: 10.52711/2321-5828.2022.00017 Available on: https://rjhssonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-13-2-5
1. Mishra, R., & Palit, S. (2020). Role of FDI on employment scenario in India. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE), 8(6), 1481-1489.
2. Nagaraj, R. (2003). Foreign direct investment in India in the 1990s: trends and issues. Economic and political weekly, 1701-1712.
3. Nayak, D. N. (1999). Canadian foreign direct investment in India: Some observations. Political economy journal of India, 8(1), 51-56.
4. Rao, K. S., & Dhar, B. (2011). India’s FDI inflows: Trends and concepts. Available at SSRN 1770222.
5. Singh, S. (2019). Foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows in India. Journal of General Management Research, 6(1), 41-53.
6. Thomas, A. E. (2016). Impact of FDI on Indian Economy–An Analytical Study. Thomas Asha E. (2016). Impact of FDI on Indian Economy–An Analytical Study. International Journal of Business and Administration Research Review, 1(4), 91-94.
7. Vyas, A. V. (2015). An analytical study of FDI in India. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 5(10), 1-30.