Appu. Rathod, Anilkumar, Manjunatha.S
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Appu. Rathod1, Dr. Anilkumar2, Dr. Manjunatha.S3
1Professor and HOD of Political Science, S.R. Kantti Arts, Commerce and Science College Mudhol.
2Professor and HOD of Economics, SJM First Grade College of Arts and Commerce Tarikere.
3Professor and HOD of Sociology, Assistant Professor, GFGC Kabbahalli.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2020
The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee act or (MGNREGA) was notified in India on September 2005 with a mandate to provide at least hundred days of guaranteed wage employment in a financial year to every rural household whose members above the age of eighteen years volunteer to do unskilled manual work. The main focus of the act is to facilitate the social protection for the people living in rural India by providing employment opportunities and therefore contributing towards the overall development of the local people. In this context, The present study is confined itself to examine the impact of MGNREGA on overall economic and social development of beneficiaries in Kalburgi district of Karnataka. The study was carried out in the disaster affected areas of Kalburgi with beneficiaries as respondents. The results found the MGNREGA has significantly improved their social and economic well-being.
Cite this article:
Appu. Rathod, Anilkumar, Manjunatha.S. A Study on Socio Economic Impact of Mgnrega on Beneficiaries in Kalburgi District of Karnataka State. Res. J. Humanities and Social Sciences. 2020; 11(3):199-206. doi: 10.5958/2321-5828.2020.00034.0
Appu. Rathod, Anilkumar, Manjunatha.S. A Study on Socio Economic Impact of Mgnrega on Beneficiaries in Kalburgi District of Karnataka State. Res. J. Humanities and Social Sciences. 2020; 11(3):199-206. doi: 10.5958/2321-5828.2020.00034.0 Available on: https://rjhssonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-11-3-6
1. Borah Kabita, Rimjhim Bordoloi (2014) “MGNREGA and its Impact on Daily Waged Women Workers: A Case study of Sonitpur District of Assam” IOSR Journal of Economics and Finance, Volume 4, Issue 4. (Jul-Aug. 2014), PP 40-44.
2. Dutta, S. (2009). NREGA in West Bengal: Success and Challenges. Kurukshetra, 58 (2), 31.
3. Hazarika, P.G. (2009). Promoting Women Empowerment and Gender Equality through the Right to Decent Work: Implementation of National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme (NREGP) in Assam State (India): A Case Study.
4. Kar Spandita (2013) “Empowerment of Women Through MGNREGS : Issues and Challenges” Odisha Review, February - March – 2013
5. Khera, R. & Nayak, N. (2009). Woman Workers and Perceptions of the NREGA. Economic and Political Weekly, 44, 49-57.
6. Poonia Jyoti (2012) “Critical Study of MGNREGA: Impact and women’s participation” International Journal of Human Development and Management Sciences, Vol. 1 No. 1 ISSN: 2250-8714.
7. Pankaj, A. &Tankha, R. (2010). Empowerment Effects of the NREGS on Women Workers: A Study in Four States. Economic and Political Weekly, 30, 45-55.
8. Ramesh, G. & Kumar, T.K. (2009). Facet of Rural Women Empowerment: A Study in Karimnagar District in Andhra Pradesh. Kurukshetra, 58, 29- 30.
9. http://nrega.nic.in/netnrega/home.aspx (Last visited on 16th August, 2016).